UMS’s Arts Roundup: August 27
Many members of the UMS staff keep a watchful eye on local and national media for news about artists on our season, pressing arts issues, and more. We thought we’d pull together a list of interesting stories each week and share them with you. Welcome to UMS’s Arts Round-up, a weekly collection of arts news, including national issues, artist updates, local shout-outs, and a link or two just for fun. If you come across something interesting in your own reading, please feel free to share!
- Pianomania puts the wishes of the world’s greatest pianists in the spotlight from the perspective of their Steinway technician
- The Wall Street Journal takes a look at how a new generation of leadership is changing the role of art museums
- Just who is Grupo Corpo? Here’s a primer from UK’s The Guardian
- And now that you know them, check out a review of Grupo Corpo’s latest work, Parabelo
- In tough times, the Seattle Symphony opts for a “new” approach, commissioning 18 new works for the 10/11 season
- The New York Times reviews a new biography about Ballets Russes master Serge Diaghilev
- Introducing a new ballet troupe in metro Detroit – crazy talk or toast of the town?