UMS’s Arts Roundup: September 17
Many members of the UMS staff keep a watchful eye on local and national media for news about artists on our season, pressing arts issues, and more. Each week, we pull together a list of interesting stories and share them with you. Welcome to UMS’s Arts Round-up, a weekly collection of arts news, including national issues, artist updates, local shout-outs, and a link or two just for fun. If you come across something interesting in your own reading, please feel free to share!
- So many galas, so little time: a look at season-opening celebrations across the country.
- Pianist Glenn Gould: Nut or Genius? A fresh look through a new documentary.
- NPR talks with Patti LuPone about life on Broadway and her new memoir
- A reflective Riccardo Muti starts his tenure with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Don Calamia reviews opening theater production, Susurrus, for Encore Michigan
- A salute to Lois Beznos by both Crain’s Detroit and Musical America as she steps down as President of the Chamber Music Society of Detroit
- Rolling Stone recognizes Encore Recordings as one of the best
Just For Fun
- Guess there can be only one Graceland: the Liberace Museum in Las Vegas is closing