Introducing UMS Playlists on Apple Music and Spotify
Open your ears to new listening experiences:
Presenting our global artists featured in the 2019/20 ‘Traditions & Crosscurrents’ series.
Fall in love with solo works performed by classical and jazz pianists who appear in UMS’s 2019/20 season.
Discover the virtuosity and variety of sounds, ensembles, and works by composers featured in UMS’s Chamber Arts series.
- A celebration of young composers by yMusic, featuring works by Caroline Shaw, Missy Mazzoli, Andrew Norman, and other luminaries
- Cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason, who makes his Ann Arbor debut this Fall
- Max Richter’s global chart-topping “recomposition” of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons
UMS presents modern jazz masters this season, whose collaborations and unique sound push the ever-evolving genre into new sonic territory.
- Brooklyn based jazz/funk collective Snarky Puppy opens the season with music from their new album, Immigrance
- Tarek Yamani brings his hypnotic fusion of American jazz and Arabic tarab in his UMS debut
- Multiple Grammy Award winning Chick Corea Trilogy joined by an all-star lineup
- UMS favorites Cécile McLorin Salvant and Aaron Diehl join forces in two sets, improvising on the Great American Songbook
Sign up for UMS’s weekly newsletter to get notified about new playlist updates and releases. In addition to “guest list” takeovers, UMS will have dynamic playlists that update regularly with new tracks, including:
A preview of upcoming performances at UMS, updated the beginning of each month during the concert season.
Be adventurous. Open your mind and ears to bold new works — in a safe space to listen.
Celebrating 140+ years of UMS’s history presenting legendary artists on the University of Michigan’s great stages.