UMS Arts Roundup: December 3
By Suzie DavidsonTweet
Many members of the UMS staff keep a watchful eye on local and national media for news about artists on our season, pressing arts issues, and more. Each week, we pull together a list of interesting stories and share them with you. Welcome to UMS’s Arts Round-up, a weekly collection of arts news, including national issues, artist updates, local shout-outs, and a link or two just for fun. If you come across something interesting in your own reading, please feel free to share!
- Update on DSO strike, two more weeks of concerts canceled.
- Kennedy Center Honors highlights.
- Grammy nominees announced here include several UMS presented artists such as Wynton Marsalis, Laurie Andersen, Rosanne Cash and The Carolina Chocolate Drops, just to name a few!
- Louis Andriessen wins Grawemeyer Award.
- AnnArbor.com review of the Carolina Chocolate Drops in the Michigan Theater.
- AnnArbor.com review of our 132nd Messiah in Hill Auditorium.
- Acclaimed composer and University of Michigan faculty member Michael Daugherty has been nominated for a Grammy Award. Congrats Michael!
Just For Fun
- How much would you pay for the King of Pop’s glove? How about a scan of Einsteins brain? Find out here just how much these and other items just went for.