UMS Arts Roundup: October 29
Many members of the UMS staff keep a watchful eye on local and national media for news about artists on our season, pressing arts issues, and more. Each week, we pull together a list of interesting stories and share them with you. Welcome to UMS’s Arts Round-up, a weekly collection of arts news, including national issues, artist updates, local shout-outs, and a link or two just for fun. If you come across something interesting in your own reading, please feel free to share!
- An interesting article by Michael Kaiser on The Power of Celebrity.
- The Cleveland Orchestra receives funding for its new Center for Future Audiences.
- Watch this NPR Tiny Desk Concert of Stile Antico. They preview some music from their newest album Puer Natus Est.
- Listen to African drumming legend Tony Allen on World Cafe.
- NT Live broadcast series kicks off with Complicite’s A Disappearing Number–read about it here.
- MetroTimes preview of the ONCE festival.
- Metro Detroit music patrons attended concert at Christ Church Cranbrook to hear the musicians of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
Just For Fun
- Halloween fun–Deceptive Cadence Halloween Puzzler.