At UMS, we believe the performing arts should be a part of nurturing every young mind. Beyond the benefits of art for building creativity and exposing them to world-class performers, they also learn about different regions, different eras, new ways of looking at their world. We work with educators to arrange exceptional opportunities for young students. Through field trips, teaching guides, and curated content, we complement curriculum and inspire young minds. We would love to engage with you as well.
Since 1997, UMS has worked in proud partnership with Ann Arbor Public Schools and Washtenaw Intermediate School District through the John F. Kennedy Center’s Partners in Education Program. Our three organizations collaborate regularly on the development of accessible and high-quality arts education programs for our area’s students and teachers.
- We're here to help! Contact UMS
- UMS K-12 Field Trip Brochure (PDF)
- School Day Performance Ticketing Policies and Procedures
- School Day Performance tickets are $7 per student, teacher, or chaperone, unless otherwise noted. (Allow at least one chaperone per 15 students.)
- 10-ticket minimum per performance.
- Before requesting tickets, please be sure to check school calendars for conflicts and transportation availability.
- Ticket demand often exceeds availability. To accommodate demand, UMS reserves the right to cap ticket requests per school for each performance.
- All performances are subject to change and cancellation.
- Ticket requests will be honored as long as the performance still has available seats. Once tickets are sold out, UMS will add your order to a waitlist.
- UMS sends invoices in August for requests received between May and August. Ticket requests submitted after August are invoiced upon receipt. .
- 50% Non-Refundable Deposits are due September 30, 2015 for Fall performances (September through December).
- 50% Non-Refundable Deposits are due November 13, 2015 for Winter performances (January through April).
- Final payment and attendance numbers for all School Day Performances are due 14 days before the performance (see payment chart).
- 50% Non-Refundable Deposits must be received by the deadline to secure your reservation.
- Full payment for tickets to attend any UMS School Day Performance must be received 14 days prior to the performance, or your reservation may be canceled.
- Payments can be made by check (payable to “UMS”), money order, credit card, or purchase order.
- 50% deposits are not refundable.
- Refunds will only be issued if school is cancelled due to inclement weather or if the event itself is cancelled.
- UMS is unable to issue refunds if tickets are purchased for a day when school is not in session or if transportation is unavailable. Please check your calendars carefully when booking events!
- All teachers must register and pay for workshops in advance. Workshop registrants will be charged regardless of whether or not they actually attend.
- Payments are due 72 hours prior to the workshop in order to guarantee that your spot is reserved. If this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the following Monday.
- A $10 workshop registration discount is available to teachers bringing students to a corresponding School Day Performance and to students enrolled in a university teacher education program.
- Refunds are available if cancellations are received at least 10 business days before the workshop.
- Workshop registrants will not receive a refund if they do not attend the workshop.
- Ann Arbor Public School Teachers: AAPS will reimburse teachers’ workshop fees, up to $30 per workshop, subject to availability.
- Washtenaw Intermediate School District Teachers: WISD will reimburse the workshop fees of the first five teachers to register.
- Teachers who miss the workshop may not apply for reimbursement. Contact UMS Youth Education for more information.
Explore our 2015-2016 K-12 Field Trip Brochure:
2015-2016 UMS Youth Education Program
Ticketing Policies and Procedures
UMS policies and procedures are designed to ensure fair and equitable ticketing and registration processes.
Tickets may be requested at any time. Requests should be submitted through the website.
Making Changes to Your Order
Deposit and Final Payment Deadlines
UMS assigns seats to accommodate students with special needs and to ensure school group cohesiveness, stage visibility, and efficient auditorium entry and exit. Seating assignments do not correlate to the time of ticket request submission.
Schools with half or more of their students qualifying for Free or Reduced Lunch are eligible to receive a $1 per ticket discount on the total price of their group’s tickets for a UMS School Day Performance. To be eligible for this discount, please send official documentation of this percentage to UMS with your ticket request. UMS will apply the discount to your invoice. This discount represents one way in which UMS is attempting to achieve equity of access to our programs for schools across the region.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com or call (734) 647-4010