At UMS, we believe the performing arts should be a part of nurturing every young mind. Beyond the benefits of art for building creativity and exposing them to world-class performers, they also learn about different regions, different eras, new ways of looking at their world. We work with educators to arrange exceptional opportunities for young students. Through field trips, teaching guides, and curated content, we complement curriculum and inspire young minds. We would love to engage with you as well.
Since 1997, UMS has worked in proud partnership with Ann Arbor Public Schools and Washtenaw Intermediate School District through the John F. Kennedy Center’s Partners in Education Program. Our three organizations collaborate regularly on the development of accessible and high-quality arts education programs for our area’s students and teachers.
- We're here to help! Contact UMS
- UMS K-12 Program Overview (PDF)
- School Day Performance Ticketing Policies and Procedures
- School Day Performance tickets are $7 per student, teacher, or chaperon, unless otherwise noted (allow at least one chaperon per 15 students).
- 10-ticket minimum request per performance.
- Before requesting tickets, check school calendars and transportation availability.
- Ticket demand often exceeds availability. To accommodate demand, UMS reserves the right to cap ticket requests per school for each performance.
- All performances are subject to change and cancellation.
- Ticket requests will be processed in order of receipt if tickets are still available.
- 50% Deposits Due (Fall Performances) – September 19, 2014
- 50% Deposits Due (Winter Performances) – December 19, 2014
- Final payment and attendance numbers for all School Day Performances are due at least 72 hours before the performance. No retroactive changes are allowed.
- Deposits MUST be received by deadlines to avoid ticket cancellations.
- Full payment for tickets to attend any UMS School Day Performance MUST be received 72 hours prior to the performance to avoid ticket cancellations. If this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is adjusted to the following Monday.
- Payments can be made by check (payable to “UMS”), money order, credit card, or school purchase order.
- All teachers must register and pay for workshops in advance. Workshop registrants will be charged regardless of whether or not they actually attend.
- Payments are due 72 hours prior to the workshop in order to guarantee that your spot is reserved. If this date falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the following Monday.
- A $10 workshop registration discount is available to teachers bringing students to a corresponding School Day Performance and to students enrolled in a university teacher education program.
- Refunds are available if cancellations are received at least 10 business days before the workshop.
- Workshop registrants will not receive a refund if they do not attend the workshop.
- Ann Arbor Public School Teachers: AAPS will reimburse teachers’ workshop fees, up to $30 per workshop, subject to availability.
- Washtenaw Intermediate School District Teachers: WISD will reimburse the workshop fees of the first five teachers to register.
- Teachers who miss the workshop may not apply for reimbursement. Contact UMS Youth Education for more information.
Download our 2014-2014 K-12 Program Overview [PDF]
2014-2015 UMS Youth Education Program
Ticketing Policies and Procedures
UMS policies and procedures are designed to ensure fair and equitable ticketing and registration processes.
Tickets may be requested at any time!
Ticketing General Info
Deposit and Final Payment Deadlines
UMS is unable to issue refunds if tickets are purchased for a day when school is not in session or if buses are unavailable. Refunds may be available if cancellation is made in writing at least 14 days prior to the performance. Refunds will be issued if school is cancelled due to inclement weather or if the event is cancelled.
UMS assigns seats to accommodate students with special needs and to ensure school group cohesiveness, stage visibility, and efficient auditorium entry and exit. Seating assignments do not correlate to the time of ticket request submission.
Schools with half or more of their students qualifying for Free or Reduced Lunch are eligible to receive a $1 per ticket discount on the total price of their group’s tickets for a UMS School Day Performance. To be eligible for this discount, please send official proof of this percentage to UMS with your ticket request. UMS will apply the discount to your invoice. This discount represents one way in which UMS is attempting to achieve equity of access to our programs for schools across the region.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 647-4010