- We're Here to Help! Contact UMS
- UMS K-12 Program Overview (PDF)
- Ticketing Policies and Procedures
Download our 2013-2014 UMS School Day Performance Series Listing [PDF]
2013-2014 UMS Youth Education Program Ticketing Policies and Procedures
UMS policies and procedures are designed to ensure fair and equitable ticketing and registration processes.
Tickets may be requested at any time!
Ticketing General Info
• School Day Performance tickets are $7 per student, teacher, or chaperon, unless otherwise noted (allow at least one chaperon per 15 students).
• 10-ticket minimum request per performance.
• Before requesting tickets, check school calendars and transportation availability.
• Ticket demand often exceeds availability. To accommodate demand, UMS reserves the right to cap ticket requests per school for each performance.
• All performances are subject to change and cancellation.
For Priority Status Requests
Priority status requests receive special consideration in the event that ticket demand exceeds capacity.
|Fall Performances||Winter Performances|
|Priority Status Deadline||June 11||September 24|
|Confirmations Due||September 24||September 24|
|50% Deposit Due||September 24||December 1|
Final payments are due 72 hours before the performance.
For All Other Requests
• Ticket requests received by UMS after priority status deadlines will be processed in order of receipt if tickets are still available.
• Deposits for ticket requests received after priority status deadlines are due upon receipt of an invoice.
• Final payment for all School Day Performances is due at least 72 hours before the performance.
Deposit and Final Payment Deadlines
• Deposits MUST be received by deadlines to avoid ticket cancellations.
• Full payment for tickets to attend any UMS School Day Performance MUST be received 72 hours prior to the performance to avoid ticket cancellations.
• Payments can be made by check (payable to “UMS”), money order, credit card, or school purchase order.
UMS is unable to issue refunds if tickets are purchased for a day when school is not in session or if buses are unavailable. Refunds may be available if cancellation is made in writing at least 14 days prior to the performance. Refunds will be issued if school is cancelled due to inclement weather or if the event is cancelled.
UMS assigns seats to accommodate students with special needs and to ensure school group cohesiveness, stage visibility, and efficient auditorium entry and exit. Seating assignments do not correlate to the time of ticket request submission.
Schools with half or more of their students qualifying for Free or Reduced Lunch are eligible to receive up to a 20% discount on the total price of their group’s tickets for a UMS School Day Performance. To apply for this discount, please send official proof of this percentage to UMS with your ticket request. UMS will apply the discount to your invoice. This discount represents one way in which UMS is attempting to achieve equity of access to our programs for schools across the region.
• All teachers must register and pay for workshops in advance. Workshop registrants will be charged regardless of whether or not they actually attend.
• A $10 workshop registration discount is available to teachers bringing students to a corresponding School Day Performance and to students enrolled in a university teacher education program.
• Refunds are available if cancellations are received at least 10 business days before the workshop.
• Ann Arbor Public School Teachers: AAPS will reimburse teachers’ workshop fees, subject to availability. Teachers who miss the workshop may not apply for reimbursement.
• Washtenaw Intermediate School District Teachers: WISD will reimburse the workshop fees of the first five teachers to register.
• Teachers who miss the workshop may not apply for reimbursement. Contact UMS Youth Education for more information.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 615-0122