Financial Reports & Strategic Plan
As a nonprofit organization that is funded largely by contributions from individuals, local businesses, corporations, private foundations, and government agencies, UMS strives to be as transparent as possible to the people and agencies that provide generous annual suppor. The following links offer more detailed information about UMS, including past annual reports that offer a snapshot of recent seasons and accomplishments, our finances, and our plans for the future.
- 2017 Annual Report (2017-2017 Season): web and [pdf]
- 2016 Annual Report (2015-2016 Season): web and [pdf]
- 2015 Annual Report (2014-2015 Season): web and [pdf]
- 2014 Annual Report (2013-2014 Season) [pdf]
- 2013 Annual Report (2012-2013 Season) [pdf]
- 2012 Annual Report (2011-2012 Season) [pdf]
UMS Financial Information on Guidestar.org: Financial and other organizational information about UMS, including links to our annual IRS filings, can be accessed via Guidestar, a public charity that collects, organizes, and presents information about U.S. nonprofit organizations in easy-to-understand formats.
- UMS Strategic Plan (2010) [pdf] and Strategic Plan Update (2016) [pdf]
- UMS Education and Community Engagement Work Plan (2017) [pdf]
Cultural Data Project Funders Report: UMS participates in the Cultural Data Project, a system through which arts and cultural organizations enter financial, programmatic and operational information into a standardized online form. First launched in Pennsylvania in 2004, the CDP now serves more than 14,000 organizations in 12 states and the District of Columbia. The Funders Report included here was created for Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, the state arts agency in Michigan.